March 12
I'm about to take off from Atlanta to our final destination to Honduras. The guy i'm sitting by is super funny. I'm getting so excited for what the Lord is going to do through us. I know He has gone before us and is preparing the hearts of everyone we'll meet. The scripture where Jesus said He did not come to be served but to serve keeps returning to my thoughts. Mark 10:45 if i'm not mistaking. That should be the purpose of my life-to serve wholeheartedly, expecting nothing in return. Praying that God will show me how to have the heart of a servant.
As I look out the window of the plane, I see a sea of clouds-God is so beautiful! He reminds me how big He is and how I am nothing compared to His glory, and it is AWESOME! Man on Man, I'm so excited!
March 13
Today, we went to a church that was kind of small with a lot of people. Everyone kept sitting by their friends and groups, but I didn't wan to do that. So, I sat with random people from the church. It was awesome! This little girl didn't have a spot to sit so she sat on my lap. SHe was so precious!! Hearing them sing to the Lord, was super humbling. It was a blessing for me to go to that church! The way the people worshipped really touched me. How often do we see people DANCING for the Lord in our churches? Never! These people were free and very focused. I want to go before the Lord just like they do!
March 14,
Built a house today. Wow! Humbling.
March 15
Today, we built another house. I started the day getting sick. I don't get sick much at all, and I was really sad I got sick on a mission trip. I didn't know what God was doing with this, but then I found out... I went to this one house 5 times to use their restroom. They realized I got sick and took care of me. They gave me this medicine that healed me super fast. They were so sweet. They were two young girls. Their mom and grandma were sitting down on the couch the whole time, so I decided after the second time using their bathroom, to say hi. and They gave me a huge hug every time I walked in. They were so so so sweet! I was very honored to meet this family. Very hospitable. about 1 pm I finally got a little better, still wasn't feeling good, but I needed to fight it, so I gave my all helping Westarks group finish the house. I'm glad I did. It was awesome! So, Because I got sick, I got a chance to meet an amazing family that I consider my family now, and I will never forget them!
March 16
When we built our last house of the trip, it was a lot different then the other houses we came in contact with. We had to tear parts down and then rebuild them. It was hard, but really fun. I started to help out a lot the first half of the day. and then I decided to get to know the kids who were playing soccer. They all made me laugh so hard. They were so sweet and funny! They kept asking me questions and then we danced a little bit, and played some games. I'm not good with kids, I guess, but today was really fun getting to play with the kids today! I also got to get to know Samuel, the preacher who helped us find the lady who needed her house fixed. He was something else. He kept telling me he wanted to change things, but he kept being in control instead of listening to God to talk. He was super blunt with me, so I finally had to say my peace, and he started to cry, because no one has ever told him some of the things I said before. It was really cool experience, but really hard too. God totally took control of our talk. It was amazing to experience.
March 17
"THE DUMP" That's where we went. I didn't know what to expect, but my heart kept telling me to be fearless today. SO I wrote fearless on my arm. So, finally after a 20 minute drive, we get there. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. It was the lowest of the low. I couldn't believe it. It's a HUGE area where Trashmen throw the trash there and SO many people live there. That's there home. It was so smelly, dusty, full of trash. and that's where people get their clothes, food, and other things they find. Its a dump. Birds were flying around as well. It broke my heart. I couldn't believe this even existed in this world. So, when we get there, I jump in a truck where it's full of food and start to feed the people. More things happened today, but What I saw was God's protection, and believe it or not, I saw hope. I had kids come up to me and goof around with me at the Dump, and teen age girls who just needed a hug, to know that there's hope. I finally understand what God meant when he said " Go sell all your possessions and give to the poor." When I get back in the states, it's time I live that verse out. Luke 18.
March 18
Today, we went to Breaking Chains where we paint the place, and later that night we helped feed people from ages 18 - 35 pretty much. It was very uncomfortable, which I honestly liked. Most of them if not all had HIV, but I wasn't afraid to give them a hug, or shake their hand, or have hand shakes with a few of them. I met a guy who was super drunk, but I know He felt loved, the way he was smiling, and his tone. I met a prostitute who didn't want to do anythign with me, I don't know if it's because we were the same age and looked alike, or because she felt ashamed. I was sad I couldn't connect with her, but I had to trust God that He would take care of the situation, so I met two kids ages 18 and 19 who I taught how to do this hand game and I showed them the moon walk. They don't like Michael Jackson. hahahaha but they were impressed with my Moonwalk skills. :) haha So, I decided that I didn't want to be in the room anymore, so I walked outside, which I wasn't supposed to, but I was by the door, so our group could see me still. I look at the left of me and see this girl pouring this deal into a zip lock bag that looked like honey. I was mistaken. It was some kind of glue, and she huffed and puffed it hard core, and got high really fast. and then got up and took a few steps and a car already stopped at her and asked her to get in. SHe was a prostitute as well. I'm not gonna lie, I started to cry. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was too slow to do anything. I know GOd's watching over here though. I just know He is. bah!
March 19
Last full day. YUCK! So funny story, God knows I dont' like kids or I get uncomfortable when I'm around them. I don't know why that is though. Still trying to figure that out. Anyway, even though He knew that he decided to put VBS all day. WE had to help set it up first half of the day. I got to help do that, but I also got to meet the Moms and grandparents there. They were so cute and sweet. I liked making them laugh and helping them see how beautiful they are. Anyway, Today, I was a group leader which I was so scared to be. SO instead of thinking about my own feelings, I decided to have total confidence in God, and he totally spoke through me and made so many kids laugh. Every time we we switch to a different section, I would have like 3 kids holding one of my hands and 2 on the other and kids holding me from the back and front. It was hard to walk, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I got to see a glimpse of what Jesus saw when he talked to the children. I got to see the gentleness the Lord, through the kids today. After VBS was over I couldn't help but to cry again... hahaha I had a kid who wouldn't let me go, and then others were crying because we had to leave. It was heart breaking. But I know God was shown in them through today! Today was really hard to say goodbye.
That night... Christano, and Jonas were two men me and Julia came in contact with. We talked to them for about an hour and then had to say our goodbyes. Chrstiano gave me his bracelete which was so sweet. It says " Jesus loves you" Anyway, after our goodbyes like an hour later, he comes by our door and he gives me a heart that says, I will never forget you. How precious?? ahh! Jonas watched from a distance and kept chanting kiss kiss. hahaha but I didn't want to for a few reasons. :) I will for sure keep in touch with them though!
March 20
This has been one of those weeks where I've stood in amazement, and then fell at the feet of Jesus in surrender. I know God has been preparing me for this week my whole life and I am so passionate about these people, and I had been even before I met a single one of them. So here I am now, ending the trip, but beginning this journey that God has laid out before me. In so many ways this past week the Lord has shown me a lot about myself, but more importantly, about HIMSELF! He blew me away! The wind here at the Baxter's Institute, was amazing. It's the kind of wind you feel, see, and even hear! That's what the Holy Spirit did for me this week! I could feel it in each and every house we went in and prayed over. I could feel it in the small, precious hands I held while playing games. I could feel it at the dump where we fed many and even sang a song. This has been a HUGE week! Not only for the people in Honduras, but for my relationship with the kids here, my relationship with the Westark crew, but ESPECIALLY my relationship with my Savior! The Lord has changed my perspective completely and made my purpose more clear! He showed me that HE IS WORTH IT!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment